PRODUCTION CONTROL MANAGER
This position is responsible to build and maintain processes within the panel plant to ensure product is manufactured and ready to ship on time. Position will also be responsible for overseeing the inventory control function as well as transactional architecture within the manufacturing process. To the extent that manual processes continue to be required to release work to the production floor, this position will also maintain that responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Oversee daily and weekly scheduling process to ensure that orders are manufactured on time.
Work on further augmentations of the scheduling process to improve and automate it.
Oversee periodic process to modify coverage settings for discrete raw materials as well as set supermarket set-points for those that are ‘stock’.
Oversees cycle counting process and monitors results to highlight transactional processes requiring review or improvement.
Ensures that layup work center capacity is balanced through either AX CTP functionality or other means.
Monitors WIP levels and works with Operations to keep manufacturing lead times in control.
Primary responsibility for monitoring on time performance. Ensures causes of misses are prioritized, understood and disseminated across the organization with tangible plans for improvement.
Work to ensure that transactional architecture and accuracy within the plant is sufficient to highlight material waste by cause and also maintain highly accurate physical inventory.
Work closely with IT to plan for and execute technology updates and improvements..
- Good analytical and computer skills
- Significant experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX is required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver and able to multitask
- Supervisory experience is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in computer related field, business operations management required
- Experience in forecasting, master production scheduling, inventory management, shop floor scheduling, and capacity planning.
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- Walking over varied terrain/surfaces
- Use of a computer monitor and keyboard for extended periods of time
STATES' JOB APPLICATION FORM
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race/ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by law.
For more information, please download the federal government poster, EEO is the Law (PDF).